As part of this year’s Holiday Gift Guide, I thought it would be fun to include a DIY Spa Kit since every woman loves the chance to pamper herself. We’ll be calling it a Fancy Lady Bath Kit since that’s how Gracie refers to her baths in my big tub. She absolutely loves using bath bombs and scrubs too!
This gift is mostly of the DIY variety, but I did throw in a cozy robe to go along with all of the handmade goodies. There is nothing better than a soft and snuggly robe after a hot bath. This one came from my favorite brand at Target, but feel free to find one that suits the person who will be receiving this gift.
For our first DIY, I had to start with some bath bombs to make our fancy lady bath more silky and fragrant. I got this silicone snowflake mold to make them extra festive.
DIY ROSEMARY ORANGE BATH BOMBS
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
1/2 cup corn starch
1/2 cup epsom salt
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons witch hazel
2 tablespoons orange essential oil
- Add the baking soda, citric acid, corn starch, epsom salt, and rosemary to a large glass mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the olive oil, witch hazel, and essential oil to a glass measuring cup or bowl with a pour spout. Stir well to combine.
- Slowly drizzle the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Work in very small quantities at a time and stop frequently to mix. You don’t want the dry ingredients to activate!
- Continue adding the wet ingredients into the dry until you have the consistency of damp sand.
- Hand pack the mixture into the molds, working in layers to make sure the bath bombs are densely packed throughout.
- Allow to dry overnight, remove from the molds, and enjoy!
Next up are the lotion bars! I used the Lush versions of these all. the. time. when I was pregnant with Gracie, but I just can’t bring myself to drive all the way to the store this time around. So why not make my own and share the love?!
DIY ORANGE CLOVE LOTION BARS
2/3 cup beeswax
2/3 cup coconut oil
2/3 cup shea butter
1/8 teaspoon orange essential oil
5 drops clove essential oil
- Combine beeswax and coconut oil in a microwave safe container. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until the wax has completely melted.
- Add shea butter to hot mixture and stir until melted.
- Add the essential oils and stir to combine.
- Pour into molds and allow to dry for 2 hours.
- Remove from the molds and enjoy!
No bath is complete without a good scrub and this peppermint sugar DIY is easy and perfect. It makes your skin feel so soft and smooth by combining gentle exfoliation with the hydration of an oil. The peppermint is just the winter touch that it needs to make it festive!
DIY PEPPERMINT SUGAR SCRUB
1 1/2 cups raw sugar
1/2 cup oil of your choice (EVOO, coconut, sweet almond, jojoba, etc.)
15 drops peppermint essential oil
- Add sugar, oil, and essential oil to a small mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Place in an air tight jar or container and enjoy!
This next one is almost good enough to eat! I’ve been super into lip scrubs lately to combat the chapped lips that come with the dry, winter weather, so I figured I should just make one!! This recipe couldn’t be simpler and actually is edible, but I think it fairs better as a scrub than a dessert.
DIY PEPPERMINT LIP SCRUB
1 part white sugar
1 part unrefined virgin coconut oil
1-2 drops peppermint essential oil
*The exact measurements will vary based on the size of your container, so you may have to adjust your EO ratio.
- Combine sugar, coconut oil (unmelted), and essential oil in a small container or mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Place in an air tight container or jar and enjoy!
All of my tins, containers, and decor came from Hobby Lobby. After filming, I individually wrapped each of the bath bombs and lotion bars in plastic wrap and sealed it with a festive Christmas sticker. To wrap this gift, I tied up the basket with cellophane, ribbon, colored twine, and another label with Mom Mom’s name on it. It looks beautiful under our tree!
If you try out any of these DIYs, be sure to share a picture with me on social media! If you’re looking for other holiday gift ideas, don’t forget to watch my video for more inspiration! Best and blessings to y’all this holiday season! xo