This cake is SO delicious and the perfect dessert for Mother’s Day! (Which is right around the corner, btw, so go get your mom a gift and you’re welcome.) My friend Beth from Entertaining with Beth and I wanted to create desserts that were inspired by our very own moms for this awesome collaboration. She is incredible and y’all need to go subscribe to her channel and her blog. We actually both wanted to incorporate lemon, so she made a Lemon Bar Pie which looks out of this world. Let me know what you’re planning to do to celebrate the mothers in your life! To watch the full tutorial for this lemony goodness, clickety here.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 box lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing on low in between.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, working in batches with your mixer on low.
- Once well combined, add the lemon pudding mix and milk. Beat on high for 3 minutes until your batter is smooth.
- Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Pour into a greased bundt pan and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and then top with the glaze.
- In a large measuring cup or small bowl, add the powdered sugar and lemon zest.
- Add the lemon juice 1-2 tablespoons at a time and stir until you've reached your desired consistency.