Hey y’all! It’s been FOREVER since I actually sat down to write, but now that my channel has expanded into the cooking world a bit, I figured I should be helpful and provide a printable version for my recipes. So pin or print away, my dear friends!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 lb macaroni
- 4 cups milk
- 8 oz freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- a dash of nutmeg
- Brown 1 lb of lean ground beef and the diced onion in a large pot or dutch oven.
- Once your meat is nearly browned and the onions are softened, add the diced tomatoes. Cook these for a minute or two in order to evaporate any remaining juice.
- Add the macaroni and milk to the pot.
- Bring this to a boil over medium heat and continue to cook for 6-8 minutes (*exact time may vary) until the milk has thickened and the pasta is tender. Stir frequently to prevent your macaroni from sticking.
- Remove from the heat and add the cheeses, butter, dijon mustard, sriracha, nutmeg, and salt.
- Stir until everything is well combined. It will thicken as it continues to cools.
Enjoy! It makes enough to feed an army or 4 VERY hungry people. If your family doesn’t eat like an army, never fear. This recipe makes excellent leftovers and even freezes well.
To watch the full video tutorial and a very cute cameo from my daughter Grace, click here.
If you decide to try this recipe, be sure to share a picture with me. You can find me @glowofgrace pretty much everywhere! Snapchat is my latest jam.