It’s that time of year again! The 3rd Annual Kin Cookie Collab is upon us. This is my second year participating and I always love the amazing recipes that I get from the other creators. This year, we’ve taken our love of peppermint and chocolate to new levels by creating this Peppermint Chocolate Chip Biscotti recipe.
I’m not going to lie, up until this point, I’ve never liked biscotti. I’ve now decided it was a “them” issue and not a “me” issue. I do, in fact, love biscotti when it takes this form. It was heavenly, and truly difficult not to eat the entire batch on my own.
Gracie had a blast helping Mom Mom in the kitchen and Joey had a blast helping me photograph the finished product. Who needs elves when you’ve got these two?! I highly recommend you check out the full video because the cute factor is sky high, but for those of you who are more of the print/pin types, I’ve got this for you.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- crushed peppermint candies, for garnish
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, cream together your butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating in between. Add the peppermint extract, and beat one more time.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients, beating on low, until everything is well combined and a dough has formed.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to a sheet of parchment paper and form into a log about 16"x 3".
- Bake for 30 minutes or until light golden brown, then allow to cool for another 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut the log on a diagonal using a serrated knife to create slices that are 1/2" to 3/4" thick.
- Place the biscotti on their sides on another parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Make your ganache by combining the dark chocolate chips and cream in a microwave safe container. Microwave in 30 second increments until your chocolate is smooth.
- Dip your biscotti into the ganache or drizzle it over to create your desired look. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle with the crushed peppermint candies.
Thank y’all so much for baking with us today!! Don’t forget to share a picture with me on IG or Facebook if you decide to give these a try this holiday season! xo