Fall means all pumpkin everything, right?! I’ve done a Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal and a Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Smoothie…and now that I think about it, all of these recipes contain oatmeal, so I clearly have a thing for that combo. I also frequently make the world’s easiest Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies, which I should probably share on here at some point. *makes note in Google keep app* However, Gracie and my mom (aka mom mom) have taken to baking every Tuesday and this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread has been a go-to recently.
It’s hearty and filling, so it makes a great breakfast or late night snack in my case. Gracie loves it, and watching her eyes light up when I say it’s time to bake with mom mom is the best. She’s actually gotten quite good at it! See for yourself.
I like to cook, but I’m fairly neutral about baking, so I’d be willing to bet that she will be better than me in a few short months. She’ll be the one asking me, “Do we pour in all the dry ingredients at once?! Nooooo. It will make a huge mess. Half, mom. Half!”
Let’s get to it though, shall we? It’s fairly simple and straight forward, and not at all hard to make. Accio printable recipe.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 vegetable oil
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease a loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the eggs with an electric hand mixer and then add the sugar. Beat until well combined.
- Add the oil, yogurt, pumpkin, and vanilla and beat to mix well.
- Fold the mini chips into the batter.
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
I hope y’all enjoy this festive fall recipe! If you do, be sure to pin it, share it, like it, make it, etc. And share a picture with me on Instagram @glowofgrace if you decide to whip this up yourself! I love to see your creations.
Happy almost-Thanksgiving! Enjoy the rest of fall because I have a feeling that the season of Christmas is nearly upon us. In fact, I may or may not already be listening to Christmas music myself. What can I say? Pentatonix is my jam this time of year.
Best & Blessings,